Popular with teachers and students as well as adult tour groups, visiting the site of La Florida's western capital brings history to life!
Time travel with your youth or adult group to experience life in the 17th century! Our tours encourage critical thinking and emphasize learning by participating in interactive activities. Lesson plans, teacher’s guide and other grade-specific educational resources designed to enhance and enrich your visit to Mission San Luis are available on our Teacher Resources page. The Mission San Luis Guide book (link below) is also a great resource for adults!
Guided Group Tours
(Approximately 2 hours)
Your tour starts with a 12-minute introduction movie in the theatre and then a docent* will guide your group to all five interpretive stations/reconstructed historical buildings on the historic site. Onsite you can speak with our villagers (living history interpreters) at the different reconstructed buildings. (Note: The Council House is currently unthatched. Visit the Council House Construction page for more information and an activity!)
In addition to the living history interpreters, there is interpretive signage around the historic site and a printed visitor's guide is available for purchase in the shop. Also see the free online version of the Mission San Luis Guide book.
We have two tour window opportunities each day: 10:00 a.m. — 12:00 p.m., and 1:30 — 3:30 p.m. but we will consider other options.
We look forward to seeing your group soon!
Fees and Reservations
• Adults - $5 per person **
• Seniors (65+) - $3 per person
• Youth (ages 6-17) - $2 per person
• Title One students & teachers - FREE
• Children under age 6 - FREE
Note: Your group may be divided into smaller groups depending on its size.
** Teachers and bus drivers are admitted free.
How to Make Reservations
- For more information contact Mission San Luis at 245.6406 or via email. If you have not filled out the form, please have the following information ready: date and time you wish to visit, school or group name and address, a contact email, and number of students and/or adults. We will also ask how many vehicles you will have and if you are shopping in the gift shop or interested in eating lunch at the picnic area.
Payment can be made by cash, check, or credit card on the date of the visit.
After You Reserve
Visit our Resources for Teachers page for teacher guides, lesson plans, and other materials to enhance and enrich your visit to Mission San Luis. These materials are provided at no charge and enable your students to derive the maximum benefit they can from their visit.