Virtual Programs & Resources
Mission San Luis is pleased to offer the following FREE ONLINE EXPERIENCES to educators and the public:
Video Tours of Mission San Luis
• Pre-recorded videos of each of the major areas of the historic site
featuring our living history interpreters in period costume!
-- The Apalachee and the Council House
-- Spanish Families and the Spanish House
-- The Friars and the Church
-- The Friary and the Cocina
-- Soldiers and the Fort
-- The Blacksmith
• ASK-A-VILLAGER Program for Teachers
Get your students' questions answered in a custom video!
Virtual Homeschool Days
• Time-travel videos with our "villagers"
• Digital worksheets
• Activities & crafts
Virtual Archaeological Site Tours
• Archaeological Site Tour videos with our Senior Archaeologist, Jerry Lee
• Posted first Wednesdays of the month
• Submit your questions for the December tour (email: firstname.lastname@example.org)
Special videos with animal themes:
• Virtual history, games, and a craft for the kids
• Videos from local/regional animal organizations
Virtual Pet Blessings by a Catholic deacon:
• Group Blessing of Animals video with reading of names and posting of photos
• This year we also remembered our dearly departed pets!
Twelve weeks of 2020 videos and quest lessons with history and activities are still available here!
Here are other digital learning resources:
• Mission San Luis Virtual Tour ~ 360-degree views, videos, points of interest
• Books and Websites ~ Colonial Florida & Related Topics
• Digital Learning ~ Resources from other Florida Department of State sites